Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 2 - Homecoming

I was raised in a Seventh-Day Adventist community that doesn't promote competitive sports, so I don't really understand homecoming. I'm trying to get a handle on it because anything that brings the community together and is fun seems like a good idea. In Edwardsburg, this is something that's promoted starting in preschool. The entire school system (granted, we're small) decorates, cheers, goes to the pep rally and parade, and learns the school fight song. My 5 year old even know's the hand motions. Team spirit at its best, with glitter and everything.
So even if I think our mascot is dorky (an adolescent boy with a giant head? really?!) I'm on board. Yay Eddies! Go Eddies!

1 comment:

Arin said...

TAKE A PICTURE OF YOU ALL TOGETHER SO I CAN HANG IT IN MY BASEMENT!! PERFECT!!!