Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25 - Favorite Summer Reads

I seem to have lost my ability to write intelligently about anything, or form coherent, witty thoughts for that matter. This is seriously detrimental to my blog world. Ugh!

So I'm just going to list my two favorite books so far this year and leave it to ya'll...

Non-fiction: The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science by Natalie Angier

Just Wow! Funny, informative, perceptive and totally readable by a non-science person (although admittedly I rather like chemistry and biology). Science is really a way of thinking more than a specific subject or set of facts, and it may become extinct without conscious effort. I could re-read this every year!

Fiction: The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton


A little bit of everything I enjoy in a novel: community building, a touch of history, engaging characters I identify with, romance, inspiration. This book about young women who meet by chance in a park and develop into a sisterhood was very fun for me to read.

1 comment:

Arin said...

Keep writing! It doesn't have to be intelligent. :)