Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10 - Long Weekends

Good times this past weekend and little time to write about it all!

Saturday was the Sunburst Race in South Bend & I completed my 2nd 5K race with my running partner, Sarah. The kids were able to cheer us along from her front yard. :-) Met my goals (under 35 min and beat the 23 y/o guy from the last race) but so many people were ahead of me!
A few observations:
- real runners don't wear the t-shirt (yes, I'm a dork)
- a good soundtrack helps a ton
- a sweat band truly is a good idea
- good looking, fit people run the 10K (time for new goals!)
Since the kids were spending time with their dad after that, I took the opportunity to adventure south on little road trip. I enjoyed time with a friend, mountain biking & hiking in gorgeous territory, chatting and eating delicious, simple food (French Silk ice cream is my current fave.)

A few more thoughts:
- keep your eyes focused where you want to go on the trail and the rest of you will follow
- obstacles (tree roots!) are less likely to derail you after you clear the front tire
- the easiest way to maneuver a tricky spot is often head on
- sometimes the most exquisite beauty is in the lowest spot on the trail











No comments: