Saturday, August 2, 2008

DVD Review - Friday Night Lights 2

I don't even like football, but this is my favorite show. As with any TV drama, more incidents than could possibly happen in real life plague the characters. However, what I LOVE about them is that they handle whatever comes up like real people. Relationships are tested, high schoolers work, grandmas have dementia, moms cook regular food and vacuum, babies cry... you get the idea.


Plus I love the starring coach and his wife. They are beautiful and complicated, just like life.

The writing in the second season was a little dis-jointed. I don't know if this was from the strike, trying to cram too much into each episode, or because NBC debated continuing the show. I hope they stick with it, because I would highly recommend this series. I also hope they publish a CD of the unique music.

No comments: