Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28 - Mixed Feelings

I can't decide if I'm looking forward to this weekend, or sad. Scott is coming back into town after being gone for 24 days, and gets the kids for the holiday weekend starting tomorrow at 7AM.

Somehow, about 5 days before he comes back, they start to get really mouthy and disrespectful. There have been more accidents and messes and screaming fits in the last 2 days than the previous 3 weeks! It's intense.

For this reason, the break will be nice. But I'll still miss them. I can't help but wonder if they ramp up because they're a little stressed out about daddy's re-entry and the change in environment and expectations. It's hard to be a kid in a changing world.

1 comment:

Miss Mandy said...

Think about how confusing change is for us...even though kids are resilient, it affects them.

I'll be praying for them this weekend...and you.