Monday, August 18, 2008

August 19 - Body of Lead

The scabs are starting to work off, a little at a time, with help from olive oil mini-massages twice a day. I almost had the guts to look at the scars straight on in the mirror this morning, but not quite. Despite requests for mid-healing photo updates, it grosses me out so I'm sparing everyone the nausea.

My whole body feels like it is twice the normal weight. I drag everywhere. I am so tired of being this tired! I can't get anything done...



Is this physical or emotional? Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I don't have any physical or emotional trauma to speak of and I still feel like I could fall asleep at any given moment. I'll keep trudging on, but you... YOU should be pampering yourself with as many naps and massages and relaxing moments as your life will allow!

Arin said...

OK, like what do you mean you don't get anything accomplished? Like the linen closest is disorganized and you need to pull weeds? Or like the kids are starving, missing school, you're on welfare.....oh wait a minute.....you manage to work almost full time, single parent 3 WONDERFUL children, look amazing, be a great friend and loving daughter and sister. Girlfriend, you do it all! And, you somehow manage to stay emotionally upright.

I could fall asleep any time any day and I don't do any of that!! Look in the mirror and give the amazing person you see a pat on the back.

Anonymous said...

Aww, you said it Arin! Hold that heavy head high, Meli, 'cause you kick ass!

Arin said...

Lara,

I have a feeling you and I would be fast friends. I hope to meet you one day!