Saturday, August 23, 2008

August 23 - Week in Review

Took the kids to Papa (Scott's dad) for their 6 month dental checkup. Seth had to have a baby tooth pulled; now I can't call him Shark-boy. Otherwise all is great. We spent the afternoon in the park and Walmart, because Seth is totally addicted to Pokemon and knows when all the latest stuff is being released, and I felt sorry for him.The children spent lots of free time this week teaching each other about bondage. This has involved lots of rubber bands and blankets and closets, but no one has been injured. They think it's hilarious; I'm worried they're training for future evil...
I went swimming with the kids in the lake for the first time all summer. I'm still pretty stiff, but they were watching out for me and made sure I had a floaty.Skyler took a nose dive down the steps and managed to gouge each shoulder and christen his forehead with a goose egg without shedding much blood or breaking anything. Despite the trauma, I'm hoping it was a good lesson in "play nice with your sister".
It's been a full week. I have had at least 1 patient every day and spent all morning today at Memorial Home Care's 25th anniversary "Live Well" Fair. The kids are still with Papa & Dida at the beach, so I should get my paperwork done while it's still quiet.

No comments: